In an effort to more thoroughly get in on the money that is spent on digital entertainment, AT&T came up with U-verse, an entertainment bundle package that is similar to packages offered by big cable companies. It includes digital TV, Internet and Digital Voice, which is home digital phone services. With AT&T U-verse, the user has a variety of options to choose from, including the number of channels included in the plan, the speed of the internet and whether or not they actually want to include the home phone services. There are bundles that do not include the home phone services, which is helpful for those who would prefer to not have a home phone and perhaps strictly use their mobile phone services.
Click HERE now to see the LATEST HOT coupons from AT&T Uverse!
In order to keep up with the competition, there are a lot of great features offered with U-verse that entice customers and bring them to the door. Some of those features include:
- Affordable bundle packages that are comparable to competitors’ pricing.
- Bundle packages that can be built to suit the user’s needs to ensure the customers are only paying for features they want.
- Caller ID that shows up on the TV screen.
- The ability to record up to four shows at once with the DVR feature.
- High speed internet.
- An app that allows the user to access their TV library from mobile devices such as tablets, smart phones and laptops.
- Schedule DVR recordings from a mobile device, which is helpful for those times when something unexpected comes up or the user simply left the house and forgot their favorite show was going to be on that night.
- The ability to watch movies up to a month before they come out on other popular movie services, such as Netflix.
- A variety of apps are available for use directly on the TV, such as Pix & Flix, which allows the user to display pictures from their iPad or iPhone right on their TV screen. There is also an app called Jukebox that plays music from the user’s mobile device on the TV.
However, there is a downside to everything! Some of the drawbacks of AT&T U-verse include:
- DVR recordings cannot be watched from the mobile app.
- There is a one time activation fee of $49, a one time installation fee of $29 and a recurring charge of $6 per month to use their Internet equipment. This means the first month’s bill will be quite high.
- Internet speeds are not guaranteed by AT&T and are reportedly a bit slower than advertised.
- It is not available in all areas.
- A one year contract must be signed with early termination fees being applicable if cancellation is requested within that one year period.
- Emergency technical services are not available over the weekend, which means that if there are problems that require a visit from a technician, the issue cannot be resolved until the following business day.